Dear Members and Friends,
FOR OUR 21st VFC PICNIC AND "26 REASONS TO WALK"
We are delighted to confirm our 21st, annual Vasculitis Foundation Canada (VFC), picnic and fun social event, as well as our annual "26 REASONS TO WALK" on Saturday June 22nd, 2019 from 11:00 AM to 4 PM. We want you and your family to attend and we encourage you to participate in any way you can. Join the fun and WALK to raise vasculitis awareness and funds for research. Enjoy tasty BBQ fare with gourment burgers, (veggies burgers too!) hotdogs/sausages, salads, chips and drinks. Try your luck in a 50:50 draw, slient auction, prize draws, and enjoy some fun entertainment. Donated prizes for the slient auction etc. are always needed and welcome, please let us know if you can contribute something.
This year again we'll feature some great family fun with an all ages entertainment program with a selection of exotic animals from ZooToYou. As in the past, the Dolph picnic area at Riverside Park, 49 King Street West, Cambridge, ON will be our walk and picnic location. For map, directions, and schedule, please refer to our Directions Folder, location under our Participants Tab located on this page at the top of our photo slideshow. As you know Walk sponsors contribute to you, and they get a tax deduction receipt for their donation. Even if you are not able to attend you can participate as a virtual walker, or if your unable to walk, just let us know you need a volunteer to walk for you. You can even set up or join a team. See our "Participant tab" for more information on forming a team, being a team captain, joining a team, incentives, and fundraising tips.
Every registered walker will receive a t-shirt at the walk along with food. You will also be able to purchase extra "26 Reasons to Walk" t-shirts (while supplies last), and other Vasculitis Foundation Canada products.
Together we can make a difference! We encourage interested family and friends to REGISTER NOW, and fundraise in order to support our goal to heighten awareness while helping to raise research funds for Vasculitis. Please ensure that your friends and family are registered on this team raiser site by June 20th/19. You can also register for the walk or picnic, by calling Jon Stewart at 416-691-6500. Donations can be made online, or by using one of our VFC Donation Pledge Sheets, so you can start signing up sponsors & donations now?
Here are "26 Reasons” Why To Walk on Saturday, June 22nd, 2019 at Riverside Park, 49 King St. West, Cambridge, ON, N3H-1B5 at the Dolph Picnic Area:
- Anti-Glomerular Basement Membrane Disease
- Anti-Neutrophil Cytoplasmic Antibody (ANCA
- Behcet's Disease
- Buerger's Disease
- Cogan's Syndrome
- Cutaneous Arteritis
- Cutaneous Leukoscytoclastic Angiitis
- Drug-Associated Immune Complex
- Drug-Associated ANCA
- Eosinophilic Granulomatosis w Polyangiitis (Churg Strauss)
- Giant Cell Arteritis
- Granulomatosis with Polyangiitis (Wegener's Granulomatosis), (GPA)
- Hepatitis C Virus - Associated Cryoglobulinemic
- Hepatitis B Virus - Associated
- Hypocomplementemic Urticarial Vasculitis (HUV)
- IgA Vasculitis (Henoch-Schonlein)
- Isolated Aortitis
- Kawasaki Disease
- Lupus Vasculitis
- Microscopic Polyangiitis
- Polyarteritis Nodosa
- Primary Central Nervous System
- Rheumatoid Vasculitis
- Sarcoid Vasculitis
- Syphilis-Associated Vasculitis
- Takayasu's Arteritis
Finally, we encourage you to get out your walking shoes and plan on joing us!
On behalf of the Board, we home to see you, your family, and friends at scenic Riverside Park on June 22nd 2019, rain or shine. We have a large covered shelter, complete with picnic tables, just in case of rain!
For previous years photos and fun, please see our photos under the Gallery Tab.
Thank you for your support!
President - Vasculitis Foundation Canada
Note: VFC reserves the right to make program changes as may be necessary.
How to Participate in 4 Easy Steps:
- Decide if you’re going to participate as an individual, virtual walker, team walker, team captain for either the “26 Reasons” to Walk and Picnic in Cambridge on Saturday June 22nd 2019.
- Register as a team captain, team member or individual. (See "Participant tab") for How to information"
- Start fundraising and raising Vasculitis awareness. (See Participant tab) for fundraising tips, and incentives.
- Have a question? Please refer to our VFC Event Handbook for all Participants, FAQ or the online Help page.
To learn more about the vasculitis you can also visit our VFC website at www.vasculitis.ca and download our Vasculitis Foundation Canada brochure.
Lenovo offers special pricing on its entire computing portfolio to Vasculitis Foundation Canada supporters. Details here or call 1-888-315-7408 Ext.2277