Welcome to the VFC home page of the
"26 Reasons To Walk!"
Vasculitis Foundation Canada is proud to bring this incredible annual walk event to you, for the eight time as well as our 19th picnic. This inspiring event calls on participants of all ages and abilities, including virtual walkers to become part of our VFC community and raise funds to help us strengthen awareness, so that we can increase vasculitis research and education of patients, family members, friends and the medical community.
Vasculitis is a family of about 26 separate, but unrelated diseases within the larger family of about 115 arthritic diseases. Vasculitic diseases are rare and can affect people of all ages, gender and ethnicity; they are neither contagious nor hereditary. Vasculitis is considered an autoimmune disease, creating inflammation of the blood vessel walls, thereby reducing the blood supply and causing tissue and organ damage, which can lead to death.
When you participate in our annual walks, your fundraising dollars fuel our mission, shows loved ones living with Vasculitis that they are not alone. We encourage interested participants to REGISTER NOW, and fundraise in order to contribute to our cause and raise awareness.
Here are "26 Reasons” Why To Walk on Saturday, June 24th, 2017 at Riverside Park, 49 King St. West, Cambridge, ON, N3H-1B5 at the Dolph Picnic Area:
- Anti-Glomerular Basement Membrane Disease
- Anti-Neutrophil Cytoplasmic Antibody (ANCA
- Behcet's Disease
- Buerger's Disease
- Cogan's Syndrome
- Cutaneous Arteritis
- Cutaneous Leukoscytoclastic Angiitis
- Drug-Associated Immune Complex
- Drug-Associated ANCA
- Eosinophilic Granulomatosis w Polyangiitis (Churg Strauss)
- Giant Cell Arteritis
- Granulomatosis with Polyangiitis (Wegener's Granulomatosis), (GPA)
- Hepatitis C Virus - Associated Cryoglobulinemic
- Hepatitis B Virus - Associated
- Hypocomplementemic Urticarial Vasculitis (HUV)
- IgA Vasculitis (Henoch-Schonlein)
- Isolated Aortitis
- Kawasaki Disease
- Lupus Vasculitis
- Microscopic Polyangiitis
- Polyarteritis Nodosa
- Primary Central Nervous System
- Rheumatoid Vasculitis
- Sarcoid Vasculitis
- Syphilis-Associated Vasculitis
- Takayasu's Arteritis
Get you walking shoes ready for Saturday June 24th, 2017 and Join Us and Together, we can improve the lives of those affected by living with vasculitis! Fun for the whole family!
Can't join us on that day...no problem! You can still have all the fun setting up your own personal page in the participant center and inspiring others to help you out with donations, by becoming a virtual walker and fundraising.
Thank you for your support!
Vasculitis Foundation Canada
How to Participate in 4 Easy Steps:
- Decide if you’re going to participate as an individual, virtual walker, team walker, team captain for either the “26 Reasons” to Walk and Picnic in Cambridge on Saturday June 24th, and or the Bri-Strength Walk and BBQ in Orillia on Sunday July 9th/2017
- Register as a team captain, team member or individual.
- Start fundraising and raising Vasculitis awareness.
- Have a question? Please refer to our VFC Event Handbook for all Participants, FAQ or the online Help page.
To learn more about the vasculitis you can also visit our VFC website at www.vasculitis.ca and download our Vasculitis Foundation Canada brochure.